Under the banner of "Fresh Taiwan," the Ministry of Culture will lead a delegation representing 10 Taiwanese creative and cultural brands to greet Thai expo-goers at the Style Bangkok Fair running from Oct. 17 through 21.
The selection this year was made by a panel of judges comprising creative sector professionals and an executive of a renowned Thai department store conglomerate. The panel also identified eco-friendly design, technological innovation, and craftsmanship as the three key variables for promoting Taiwanese brands at the Thai trade fair.
Culture Minister Cheng Li-chiun spoke highly of the ten chosen brands, noting that the Fresh Taiwan initiative will help shape Taiwan's global image through such thoughtful applications of green materials and new technology, attractive offerings of customizable and innovative services, and shining examples of craftsmanship and user experience design.
The Fresh Taiwan pavilion will be housed in the Design Hall of Style Bangkok Fair this year. Keep an eye out for booths WW 2, 4, 6, 8 and XX 1, 3, 5, 7 nearby entrance number EH104.
Meet the Brands
- Paper Shoot, maker of sustainable cameras for innovative photography.
- Bi.du.haev, producer of minimalistic coffee drippers and cold brew sets.
- YenChen Design, studio of handcrafted homewares and lifestyle goods.
- Eguchi, manufacturer of fashionable and comfortable travel pillows.
- Shiang Design, packaging maker and tabletop ware extraordinaire.
- Studio Forma, attire maker using durable non-woven fiber products.
- EGOS Technology, Red Dot Design-winning maker of speakers and earphones.
- DESIGN YXR, design and marketing consultant for tech and lifestyle firms.
- Shanpo, creator of 3D puzzles that come together to form eye-catching speakers.
- BLACK TAILORS, producer of handmade leather goods.
Fresh Taiwan @ 2018 Style Bangkok Fair