Liaison Services to Overseas Compatriot Associations
- Assist and guide overseas compatriot associations to organize important events or annual meetings in order to enhance the interactions among overseas compatriot community.
- Select and recommend overseas compatriot association’s cadre to return to Taiwan to attend seminars related to overseas compatriot affairs.
- Sponsor overseas compatriot associations to arrange celebrations for various festivals and regional activities, such as Lunar New Year, Dragon Boat Festival, Mid-Autumn Festival, and so on.
- Combine with overseas compatriot communities’ strength for the celebration of Double Ten National Day.
- Conduct the enrollment matters of honorary positions of overseas compatriot for OCAC.
- Distribute the spring festival couplates and calendars to overseas compatriots.
- Provide advisory services and counseling to overseas compatriots to assist them to adapt and integrate into local mainstream society and to enhance the interaction and understanding between the overseas compatriots and local mainstream society.
Liaison Services to Overseas Compatriot Schools and Students
- Provide the training in pedagogies for teachers of overseas compatriot schools.
- Organize the celebration of Teacher’s Day and Processing the Outstanding overseas compatriot school teacher’s Award.
- Arrange overseas youth groups to come back to Taiwan to view and emulate.
- Deal with the matters of overseas compatriot schools’ applications for budget subsidiaries and supplying education materials & teaching aids published by OCAC.
- Process the applications of overseas youth for attending the language and literature courses in Taiwan.
- Coordinate and receiving Taiwanese Goodwill Mission.
- Dispatch culture and folk arts teachers to teach traditional culture.
- Deliver related educational publication.
- Encourage overseas youth to return to Taiwan for further study.
- Contact the alumni of Taiwanese schools in order to hold the connection between them and the government.
Economic and Trade Guidance to Overseas Community Business
- Select and recommend overseas compatriot operated business people to attend skill training programs in Taiwan, such as computer workshops, investment seminars, catering training classes and so on in order to develop their professional skills.
- Support the development of overseas compatriot chambers of commerce.
- Select and recommend overseas compatriot operated business leaders to attend training programs or workshops for leadership of overseas compatriot chamber of commerce in Taiwan.
- Assist and guide overseas compatriot operated business people to arrange professional forums.
- Assist overseas compatriot businessmen with Overseas Credit Guarantee Fund.
- Invite the reporters of the local overseas compatriot media to visit Taiwan.
- Provide rental services of books, DVDs, newspapers, magazines, etc. in traditional Chinese characters for overseas compatriots to use.
- Providing rental locales, such as conference rooms, auditoriums and facilities like traditional costumes and related cultural equipments for overseas compatriots for exhibitions, musical performances, seminars, etc. to rent upon request.