Liaison Services to Overseas Compatriot Associations
1. Assist and guide overseas compatriot associations to organize important events or annual meetings in order to enhance the interactions among overseas compatriot community.
2. Select and recommend overseas compatriot association’s students to return to Taiwan to attend seminars related to overseas compatriot affairs.
3. Sponsor overseas compatriot associations to arrange celebrations for various festivals and regional activities, such as Lunar New Year, Dragon Boat Festival, Mid-Autumn Festival, and so on.
4. Work with overseas compatriot communities to celebrate Double Ten National Day (October 10th).
5. Conduct the enrollment of honorary positions of overseas compatriot for OCAC.
6. Distribute the spring festival booklets and calendars to overseas compatriots.
7. Provide advisory services and counseling to overseas compatriots to assist them in adapting and integrating themselves into local mainstream society. Work to enhance the interaction and understanding between the overseas compatriots and local mainstream society.
Liaison Services to Overseas Compatriot Schools and Students
1. Provide pedagogy training for teachers of overseas compatriot schools.
2. Organize the celebration of Teacher’s Day and process the Outstanding Overseas Compatriot School Teacher’s Award.
3. Arrange overseas youth groups to come back to Taiwan to learn and emulate.
4. Deal with the matters of overseas compatriot schools’ applications for budget subsidiaries and supplying education materials & teaching aids published by OCAC.
5. Process the applications of overseas youth looking to attend language and literature courses in Taiwan.
6. Coordinate and receive the Taiwanese Goodwill Mission.
7. Dispatch culture and folk arts teachers to teach traditional culture.
8. Deliver related educational publications.
9. Encourage overseas youth to return to Taiwan for further study.
10. Contact the alumni of Taiwanese schools in order to strengthen the connection between alumni and the government.
Economic and Trade Guidance to Overseas Community Business
1. Select and recommend overseas compatriot-operated business people to attend skill training programs in Taiwan for the purpose of developing professional skills. Such programs include computer workshops, investment seminars, catering training classes and more.
2. Support the development of overseas compatriot chambers of commerce.
3. Select and recommend overseas compatriot business leaders to attend training programs or workshops for the leadership of overseas compatriot chambers of commerce in Taiwan.
4. Assist and guide overseas compatriot business people to arrange professional forums.
5. Assist overseas compatriot business people with Overseas Credit Guarantee Fund.
1. Invite the reporters of the local overseas compatriot media to visit Taiwan.
2. Provide rental services of books, DVDs, newspapers, magazines, etc. in traditional Chinese characters for overseas compatriots to use.
3. Provide rental locales, such as conference rooms, auditoriums, facilities, and traditional costumes with related cultural equipment for overseas compatriots to use in exhibitions, musical performances, seminars, etc.