Our main duties include providing locations for cultural education activities, distribution of textbooks to all Overseas Compatriot schools in the Philippines, donation of cultural education publications, and DVDs, sponsorships of fellowships, speeches and discussions, checking and verifying documents for Overseas Compatriot students interested in going to Taiwan to enroll for College, Universities and Master studies, lending of cultural multimedia materials, and organizing of Overseas Community cultural season, athletics Season for Overseas Compatriot and other activities.
Liaison Services to Overseas Compatriot Associations
1. Assisting and guiding overseas compatriot associations to organize important events or annual meetings in order to enhance the interaction among overseas compatriot community.
2. Selecting and recommending overseas compatriot association’s cadre to return to Taiwan to attend seminars related to overseas compatriot affairs
3. Sponsoring overseas compatriot associations to arrange celebrations for various festivals and regional activities, such as Lunar New Year, Dragon Boat Festival, Mid-Autumn Festival and so on
4. Combining with overseas compatriot communities’ strength for the celebration of Double Ten National Day
5. Conducting the enrollment matters of honorary positions of overseas compatriot for OCAC
6. Reinforcing the function of the overseas compatriot volunteers to expand overseas compatriot assignments
7. Distributing the spring festival couplates and calendars to overseas compatriots
8. Providing advisory services and counseling to overseas compatriots to assist them to adapt and integrate into local mainstream society and to enhance the interaction and understanding between the overseas compatriots and local mainstream society.
Liaison Services to Overseas Compatriot Schools and Students
1. Providing the training in pedagogies for teachers of overseas compatriot schools
2. Organizing the celebration of Teacher’s Day and Processing the Outstanding Overseas Compatriot school teacher’s Award
3. Arranging overseas youth groups to come back to Taiwan to view and emulate
4. Dealing with the matters of overseas compatriot schools’ applications for budget subsidiaries and supplying education materials & teaching aids published by OCAC
5. Processing the applications of overseas youth for attending the language and literature courses in Taiwan
6. Coordinating and receiving Taiwanese Goodwill Mission
7. Dispatching culture and folk arts teachers to teach traditional culture
8. Delivering related educational publication
9. Encouraging overseas youth to return to Taiwan for further study
10. Contacting the alumni of Taiwanese schools in order to hold the connection between them and the government
Economic and Trade Guidance to Overseas Community Business
1. Selecting and recommending overseas compatriot operated business people to attend skill training programs in Taiwan, such as computer workshops, investment seminars, catering training classes and so on in order to develop their professional skills
2. Supporting the development of overseas compatriot chambers of commerce
3. Selecting and recommending overseas compatriot operated business leaders to attend training programs or workshops for leadership of overseas compatriot chamber of commerce in Taiwan
4. Assisting and guiding overseas compatriot operated business people to arrange professional forums
5. Assisting overseas compatriot businessmen with Overseas Credit Guarantee Fund
1. Inviting the reporters of the local overseas compatriot media to visit Taiwan
2. Providing rental services of books, DVDs, newspapers, magazines, etc. in traditional Chinese characters for overseas compatriots to use
3. Promoting the “Macroview Weekly” and “Macroview TV” to overseas compatriots
4. Providing rental locales, such as conference rooms, auditoriums and facilities like traditional costumes and related cultural equipments for overseas compatriots for exhibitions, musical performances, seminars, etc. to rent upon request.